Percussions and Synthesizer
Instrumental Music – Can you imagine living your life without music? It would be very hard to do so, as music has been hard-wired into our very existence as human beings. While everyone enjoys listening to good music, not many of us are what the world calls ‘musicians’- the ones with the ability to play a musical instrument. This could be due to not having the opportunity to learn as kids or simply due to lack of inclination or proper instruction. However, music is something that is never too late to learn
Millennium National school brings to you a chance to learn the art of playing percussion instruments like the Tabla, Djembe and finally the Drums(percussion) and the all-encompassing Synthesizer, in association with some of the finest young percussionists and band members of various renowned bands of Pune
The year long training will also culminate into a concert of sorts where the children will get to showcase their learning and talent
The options available are
And here are 10 good reasons as to why everyone should learn to play a musical instrument
- Exercise-The repetitive movement of playing the drums combined with the endurance can constitute as a great workout. You can play percussion sitting or standing but either way your hands, fingers, arms, and feet are in constant movement and are receiving a crazy workout!
- Increased coordination-Playing percussion instruments assists both kids and adults with their coordination and motor skills. Playing the drums utilizes the hands, fingers, arms, and feet. It requires simultaneous movement and perfect timing which improves rhythmic coordination and can even foster ambidextrousness.
- Improved ambidextrousness-Dexterity is a physical skill known for precision movements, but being ambidextrous – being equally competent in both your left and right hand, regardless of whichever is the dominant hand – is a rare but very useful trait. Playing percussion over time improves ambidexterity therefore as you age your hands and fingers will increase in speed and range of movement.
- Improves immune system-– A 2001 study published in the scientific journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine proved that participants who were involved in drumming experienced higher levels of natural killer cells, which provide the body with an accelerated immune response. This can help you fights diseases, keeping you healthy and fit to pound on the drums!
- Relieves stress-With percussion you can play as you please. If you want to move fast or slow it’s up to you. Once the creation of music begins you are in sync with your beat and allowing you to release your pent-up worries; in this moment, it’s just you and your instrument.
- Promotes sociability-Playing percussion can be done individually as well as in groups. It brings people together through a common ground of unique music making. Groups can inspire oneself to put more effort in. Everyone beating on the drums, each creating their own melody, brings everyone together.
- Enables self-expression-Drumming is an avenue to expressing one’s true self. Finding your own rhythm and beat opens you up to a new perspective. By creating music with your own two hands allows you to aesthetically releasing your memories and experiences unique to you.
- Enhances mood-– Any type of music-making is a fun learning experience. When creating a beat it’s a natural mood enhancer because it’s spontaneous and energizing. The vibrations are entertaining and bring about positive energy
- Increases brain development-Children who start playing instruments at a young age are known to have better verbal memory and reading ability. Playing an instrument over time is a continuous learning experience
- Therapeutic for addiction –– Studies have proved the effect of drumming in addiction recovery patients enhances brainwaves and quicken the road to recovery. The act of drumming is truly healing, it allows you to journey pass addictions and enable you to immerse yourself into the beats of your music.
So enroll today to bring in the element of music into your childs life, and creating a mentally healthy and happy child as an end result!!
Janhavi Deshpande- A Tabla and performing arts teacher since 1998 ,Janhavi has been trained in Tabla by renowned percussionist Pt. Ramdas Palsule.Janhavi is passionate about music and drama.
A Performing arts graduate (Music –Tabla) from Lalit Kala Kendra ,Pune University, Janhavi has also completed a Diploma in Early Childhood and Education from TMG, Melbourne, Australia in 2015. She has completed the Professional Development course on the topic of “THE ROLE OF THE ADULT IN CHILDREN’S PLAY (THE PLAY CYCLE) presented by Marc Armitage(UK Playworker and International Children’s play consultant)
Janhavi will be teaching the tabla as a part of the percussion skill at Millennium national school.
Tushar Kadam- A Bio technology Graduate,Tushar is a percussionist (musician) who has been training with the likes of the legendary percussionist ,Ustad.Taufiq Qureshi for Djembe. After training in the basics of tabla techniques ,he has explored more in western music to give a shade of versitality to his music
Tushar futher nurtured his percussion skills in a way where he was found eligible to perform at Mood Indigo (IIT Pavai), Sarang (IIT Madras), Happy streets in Pune. and played with band Aadya, RDC ncc camp Delhi. He has performed at Akashwani Aurangabadh and HARD ROCK café.Tushar will be teaching the Djembe and fun percussion at Millennium national school
A Bio technology Graduate,Tushar is a percussionist (musician) who has been training with the likes of the legendary percussionist ,Ustad.Taufiq Qureshi for Djembe. After training in the basics of tabla techniques ,he has explored more in western music to give a shade of versitality to his music
Tushar futher nurtured his percussion skills in a way where he was found eligible to perform at Mood Indigo (IIT Pavai), Sarang (IIT Madras), Happy streets in Pune. and played with band Aadya, RDC ncc camp Delhi. He has performed at Akashwani Aurangabadh and HARD ROCK café.Tushar will be teaching the Djembe and fun percussion at Millennium national school.
Synthesizer – Ninad Solapurkar
- Music Arranger for 10 Marathi names (Babu Band Baja which earner a National Award for Best film in the year 2011, Abharan, Tuhya Dharma Koncha, Pratisad, Daptar…)
- Performed with A R Rahman concert in Pune, assisted Ajay Atul for live shows, Amit Kumar, Vaishali Samant, Jasraj Joshi (Zee SaReGaMaPa 2012 winner), Bela Shende etc
- Member of group ‘Sobaticha Karar’ which is a ghazal program
- Composed 4 albums (Raja Shivachatrapati, Darmiya and Geet Vyakran Jeevan Shikishan, Gan Gan Ganat Bote)